Company,  History

In 1952 Mr. Friedrich Busse purchased the long established Schluepfinger gold-beating company and ran the business under the name Busse Blattgoldfabrik.

In 1963 Busse took over the Rometsch gold-beating company, which had existed since the 1920ís, and moved production to the current address in Austrasse 4.

The successors of Mr. Friedrich Busse have been operating the company since 1988.

The production of gold leaf is a centuries old trade that has remained almost unchanged. The first mechanical beating machines came into being at the beginning of the 19th century. However, since they were manually operated, the traditional character of the trade remained virtually unchanged. Only when computers were introduced was it possible to build fully automatic beating machines. In fact Busse is proud to have developed and operated the very first automatic beating machine.

Although many efforts have been made to automate gold leaf trimming, all attempts have remained unsuccessful. This part of the production process is still completed by hand by highly skilled women. 

Company for the production of gold leaf Rometsch 1957   -   Click to view a larger resolution image Company for the production of gold leaf Rometsch 1957

 

Click to view a larger resolution image


Examples

Golden roof of city hall in Schwabach, Bavaria, Germany Golden roof of city hall in Schwabach, Bavaria, Germany
"Goldener Reiter" (golden horseman) in Dresden, Saxony, Germany   -   Click to view a larger resolution image "Goldener Reiter" (golden horseman) in Dresden, Saxony, Germany

Click to view a larger resolution image

 

Arch stucco Arch stucco
"Teehaus" (tea house) in Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany   -   Click to view a larger resolution image "Teehaus" (tea house) in Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany

Click to view a larger resolution image

 

nach oben